2 medium Yukon potatoes
60g butter, melted
100g parmesan cheese + extra for serving
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon salt
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
- Microwave the potatoes for 1-1 ½ minutes
- leave in the microwave for a few minutes to cool down and soften.
- Insert a wooden skewer into the bottom of each potato and gently push it all the way through the top. Working in a spiral motion from one side to the other, hold a sharp, thin knife at an angle and cut in the opposite direction you are turning the skewered potato, cutting all the way down to the skewer. Take your time and work to make thin, even spiral all the way down the potato.
- Gently fan out each potato down the length of the skewer, until you have even gaps between the slices. Brush the melted butter all over the potatoes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and salt. Place each skewered potato over the bowl and sprinkle half of the spice mixture over each potato until they are entirely coated. Carefully set the potatoes on a baking pan, letting the skewers rest on sides of the pan so that the potatoes are suspended.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until nicely browned. Garnish with additional Parmesan and parsley. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.